Saturday, November 3, 2012

#2

    I'm sure there are many things that have impacted my career up until this point, but I am struggling to come up with a whole bunch of them. My parents have always been very hard working people and have stressed to my brothers and I how important it is to have a job and be able to support yourself. They have strongly impacted my career choice, along with other things that I will list below.

THE LIST
-My parents
-My sister-in-law (she is a nurse and encouraged me to look into the field)

-Job opportunities after graduation
-starting salary (while its not huge, it is definitely enough to make a living)
-Kristan (my Grandpa's nurse during his final stay in the hospital)
-My current job as a tech
-My love of meeting new people

    As I said before, I am sure there are other things that have impacted my choice, but right now these are the things that stand out. I'm not sure what category these things fit in, but they definitely all led me to choosing Nursing as a career. My sister-in-law actually got me my current job as a Tech (Nurses Aide) in the Surgical Trauma Cardiovascular ICU at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville. I absolutely love my co-workers and the job I am doing. I actually hope to be a Registered Nurse in the same department I am in now. My list mentions Kristan, but there are so many other nurses I have encountered that I will strive to be just like.
    The ability to obtain a job immediately following graduation has also been something that led me to a healthcare profession. There are three big hospitals in Evansville (Deaconess, Gateway & St. Mary's) along with hundreds of other clinics or doctors offices that need nurses. They make a decent wage and there are so many different areas of nursing. If I try one aspect of nursing and hate it, I can use the same qualifications to obtain a completely different job.

No comments:

Post a Comment